Send money with eWallet
eWallet allows FNB customers to send money to anyone with a valid Swaziland cellphone number without the need for a bank account.
How it works
Instant, easy + secure
- Send money to anyone who holds a valid Swaziland MTN cellphone number. The money can be sent from an active FNB transactional account.
- Choose to send money from: Cellphone Banking, FNB ATM or Online Banking, whichever is the most convenient.
- If you have been sent money but you have no airtime, dial *392# to buy airtime with the money that has been sent to you.
- If an eWallet has not been activated within 13 days, the money will be returned to the sender.
- Please ensure that the cellphone number of the person you are sending money to is correct.
View pricing guide
It's for everyone
You don't need to have a bank account to receive eWallet funds
Get FREE inContact
A free SMS is sent to the recipient when the money has been sent
Send money at any time of the day
Funds are immediately available
Ways to send
Send the way you want to
As an FNB customer you can use one of FNB's convenient digital channels to send money to anyone with a valid Swaziland MTN cellphone number.
View how to send money via Cellphone Banking
View how to send money via Online Banking
View how to send money via an FNB ATM
Ways to use
Withdraw, buy + spend
When you receive an SMS notifying you that money has been sent to your cellphone, you can do the following
- Send a portion of the money in the eWallet to another eWallet in exactly the same way
- Withdraw all or some of the money from the eWallet at an FNB ATM without a bank card. The rest of the money can be withdrawn at a later stage
- Buy prepaid airtime from the eWallet
- Check the eWallet account balance or get a mini-statement
- Pay for goods and services online from the eWallet using Cell Pay Point
How to receive money
Turn your phone into a wallet
- Dial *130*392# to access the eWallet
- Set a secure 5-digit PIN for the eWallet
- Select 'Withdraw cash' and then 'Get ATM PIN'
- You'll receive an SMS with an ATM PIN
- Go to an FNB ATM
- At the ATM press the green button (Enter/ Proceed) and then 'Wallet Services'
- Key in your cellphone number and ATM PIN
- Choose the amount of money to withdraw. Make sure that either your transaction has ended or that you select 'Cancel' before leaving the ATM.
Doing it made easy
- Have an active FNB transactional account
- Be registered for Cellphone Banking to send money via your cellphone
- Be registered for Online Banking to send money via the internet
- Anyone with a valid Swaziland MTN cellphone number qualifies to receive money in eWallet
First National Bank of Swaziland Limited - a subsidiary of FirstRand EMA (Pty) Ltd. A Licenced Financial Services Institution. Reg. No. R7/6271.